Monday, April 28, 2014

Familias! :)



April 14, 2014


Hola, Buen Día:)

So this week went by super fast... it was crazy. We did exchanges wednesday with hermanas in Godoy and then on Thusday in Villa Regina, So I stayed 3 nights there and my companion 2. I've become convinced that I learn more from the other hermanas doing the exchanges than they do haha. By the time i left to come back super early in the morning though i was super stinky... I didnt bring very many clothes (that was an error of mine) and a dog there nearly tore my skirt off with how much he bit me! He left it nice and dirty for me too...

We had an open chaple this week with us missionaries giving mini lessons of what we believe and tours of the chaple. It was a really big success and a LOT of people came! It was super neat to do, although I can say I'm greatful Im not called to serve in a visitors center cause i dont know if i would like to do that every day... We had a super incredible experience with a man and his 3 kids though... they were the last people to come though and my companion and I did the last tour for them even though is was only the one family. We focused more in teaching the kids who had 11, 11 (twins) and 9 years old. You could feel the love that this father had for his kids and as we shared about how the families can be eternal we said to him how wonderful it was to see the love that he had for his kids... He immediately started to cry and couldnt speak.... He just said "they are everything to me". To see and feel the love that this man had for his children was incredible. It made it even more powerful and meaningful to share about the love that our father in heaven has for us... we are everything to him. Experiences like these help me to remember how powerful and wonderful is this gosple. And how important is this work.

So that's were i got my subject line for the week. The family really is the most important thing and I've seen and learned that so much more on the mission. Our families are everything. And how great is it that we know that they can be eternal. The plan of salvation really has come to be my favorite lesson to share. It makes me so happy:) Especially since i have the best family.

Things are going well.... let me know what else you want to hear about.


Oh Pascua here is different... i dont think they color eggs, but the large chocolate eggs are tradition. Oh and it lasts like 4 days! They dont have work thursday or friday.... all the people laugh and say that argentina makes up hollidays to not have to work.... and this is the argentines saying this not me haha. Although there are so many holidays here without work! Womens day, mothers day, flag day, capital day, friend day, childrens day... everybody has a day! Im pretty sure the dogs do too...


Anyways, love you so much!

hermana ashcroft

ps- this is me and micaela. She is awesome with and amazing conversion story and reactivation story. She always accompanies us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment