Monday, April 21, 2014

From the Princess of England

Jan 13
 So according to mom, I'm the princess of england now. I rather like the title, so I would prefer it if you all address me as such now.

Haha love the e-mail mom and the photos dad.

So senillosa is interesting. I know im a gringa and blonde, but I've never had quite so many people point it out to me and then say very casually in front of me to my companion that all gringas and blondies are dumb (assuming that I can't understand) along with some other choice phrases. It's a good thing I guess that I'm not easily offended, and it makes for some good laughs I guess!

We sprayed the life out of out pension so there haven't been any more signs of ants yet... so that's good. And it's possible that we might be getting a cell phone this week which is good news!! Poor elders had to take a taxi in the middle of the night a few times to make sure we were safe in our apartment cause the mesages didnt get sent from some members. So now we switch off running from eachothers pensions when we need to make a call to the offices or give our numbers to the district leader. It's pretty funny actually trying to coordinate everything. Never realized the necesity of a phone in these days untill now.

Hermana Garnica is a champ. I'm basically not even training her cause she came super prepared. So it's super nice:)

We're planning a dessert baking contest for the ward here which we're really hoping will have a good turn out. Ummm... don't know what you want to know??? haha sometimes i feel like I've already told you all the same things.

we're starting as a zone a 40 day fast. It comes from the talk 'effective missionary' (i think thats how it translates in english). Anyways, read matthew 4:2-11. Talk about how jesus fasted for 40 days before stating his ministry. So us as missionaries are trying a 40 day fast as well to start of the transfer in new areas and pray for miracles. It will preobably help me lose some of the kilos i've gained. Just kidding, dont worry, its not really a 40 day fast, just in the sense of leaving behind all our mistakes and wokring our best to do our best for 40 days, starting with a fast specifically for help with this, and then ending with a fast after the 40 days. it's a promise that by doing this, after the 40 days we will have become more effective missionaries and we'll see the success from our efforts. I really love this concept because i know its true. The power of fasting is immense. We shouldn't take for granted the first sunday of every month that we have for this opportunity. Fast for some specific, and you'll recive specif answers and blessings. I've seen innumerable examples of this in the mission. A 10 year old kid fasting for his father's heart to be softened so that he would sign the papers necessary for him to be baptised. A friend fasting for her best friend to be receptive to the missionaries. A mother fasting for her children's health. The mircales that have come from this are incredible. So.... think about what you need. And fast for it. I can promise that if you do it sincerely that you will see the lords hand in your life. It's incredible.

love you all so much!!

hermana ashcroft

P.S.- most importantly.....

FELIZ CUMPLE AÑOS MAMÁ!!!!! TE AMO MUCHISIMO!!! Pienso en tu ejemplo cada día y estoy tan agradecido a mi padre celestial por vos. Eres una mamá muy pero MUY capa y copada!!! Gracias por todo lo que hace!

Con Cariño, tu princesa de Inglaterra (viviendo en Argentina jaja)

No comments:

Post a Comment