Monday, April 21, 2014

Senillosa


Jan 6, 2014

 Happy new year!!!

 New Years was great here! Hope it was for you guys as well! The whole tiny town of Allen sounded like bombs were falling from all the crazy fireworks!!!
 
First off, thanks for the photos mom! I'm glad dad is still wearing the same shirts.... makes me feel good to know that not much has changed:) Also... we better make sausage when I get back! Also, It appears that our christmas tree didnt have a star this year.... don't worry though, cause I'll be coming home with the huge red sparkly star that a member gave to me that she made for christmas! (I nearly cried when she took it off her tree to give it to me....)

 Speaking of why she gave me this gigantic start...the transfers are in and I have left Allen. Kinda sad cause I didnt really get a chance to say goodbye to all the people cause I found out and then left super quick. I'm gonna miss Allen, but I'm now opening up a brand new area in Senillosa. My companion hermana Silva stayed in Allen and I'm training a new comapnion named hermana Garnica. She's from Salta Argentina which is awesome cause maybe I'll actually be able to learn argentine spanish instead of a mixture of columbian, mexican, puruvian, and nicaraguan (is that how you say that in english?)

 So we just got here friday night and it's been interesting in our house that we live in (it's actually a house...). However in the 2 and a half days it's flooded a couple times which was super funny. Not so funny is what happened afterwards... those that know me well, what is the bug/animal that I hate and that scares me more than anything else?? You all should be able to guess that. Anyways, yesterday we got an INVASION of red ants (honestly it was COVERING the floor with thick armies of ants!!!) So there randomly were these like 10 colonies of red ants when we got home last night and the only thing we could do was pour lots of water and try to drown and sweep them out. We have bites all over our legs and arms, cause then they started climbing the walls and we had to brush them off. I hate ants.... But I guess it was good to help me face my fear. Aside from the ants though, the amount of mosquitos in our pension is incredible as well... we've basically been eaten alive now hahah. So now we are just wondering what is going to happen when we get home tonight... it's definitely made for some good laughs and funny videos though.

 So senillosa seems nice, we were about 35 people in the church on sunday with us 2 hermanas and the 2 elders that are here now as well. It's a SUPER tiny town, it makes me think of Trevelin, but completely dry and more desert-like. There's no grocery store and there's one tiny cyber, but it's never open, and mail will take a bit longer to get to me cause there's no bus station here so we don't get the mission bag as often. We're about a 30 minute bus ride from the town Plottier which is a new zone now that just got oppened as well. I seem to always been in the smallest towns in the mission, but I like it:) So my district is just 4 of us... us two hermanas and the 2 elders. Super tiny. It's been interesting cause we still don't have a phone cause the mission ran out of phones. So every night we have to stop by the nearest members house which is a 10 minute speed walk from the boonies that we live in to tell them to send a message to the elders that we are home (or walking home atleast). And It's made it interesting trying to get to know the area without a phone to call members and without a map still haha. We should start getting stuff within about 2 weeks or so though.

 Things are going well though, and I really like opening areas, so I'm excited to work here:)

 Stats of the mission- did you know that when I got here we were 17 hermanas in the mission with about 100 missionaries. Now there are 100 hermanas and about 250 missionaries in the missions, SUPER CRAZY!

  Anyways, love you all super much! Try not to freeze up there.

Hermana Ashcroft
 
PS- Hope the hormigas aren't biting you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment