Monday, June 9, 2014

Piojos

April 21, 2014
Feliz Pascua a todos!! 

I love Pascua:) Although I missed the spring feel we have in the states, it was still a great day with nearly all of the familia Jara in the chaple! The daughter Eleonora that's 18 and got baptised 6 monthes ago can't even believe that 2 more of her siblings will be getting baptised this Sunday! And her mom has also been coming to church and supporting all the kids now in this desicion (i dont know how to spell now...)

So this week was crazy busy and crazy fast. We did 4 different exchanged with 4 other companionships of hermanas and it made for a lot of traveling and packing. We would finish a day with one companionship, only to get together again for about 5 minutes and then walk (or travel by bus) to go to the next exchanges. Hermana Garcia and I were only together thursday and Sunday in our area and all the other days we were in other areas between roca and Huergo. It totally wore me out. But it is so aswesome to be able to work with so many different missionaries! I honestly learn so much! And it makes me realize how much more I can do and improve to see all the different things that the other missionaries are doing to work in their areas. I'm convinced that I'm learning more from them than they are from me. 

Oh and guess what I got this week.... a merry christmas to me!!! I recieved and envelope package from the bennions for christmas!!! hahah thank you so much!! the candy had all been melted and re-frozen at least afew times, but all the latinos really enjoyed it and I enjoyed the halloween suckers with my companion:) Totally didn't matter to me or anyone else that ir was already more than 4 months old hahah. But it gave me hope that perhaps one day before i finish the mission that i will recieve the calendar that grandma sent me for christmas! 

So about the piojos.... if you dont know that means lice.... and there has been quite a lice problem... i seriously am just waiting for the day that i have lice. So many hermanas have already had it! And i left a lesson the other day nervously scratching my head after seeing a lady taking lice out of her little kids hair.... all the little kids have it from the pre-schools they go to. So i think im pretty much doomed to have lice at some point in the mission haha that will be fun. 

I had another fun experience with the food this week too. We ate some super delicious chicken and large sausages for lunch with a member one day, but just as we got to a lesson later on, my stomach started regretting it a lot.... lets just say that it's really good that I already knew the Jara family pretty well cause I had a pretty bad experience in their bathroom.... The mission really doesn't leave any room for you to be shy or ebarrassed haha. Anyways Im not really sure what it is, but i can't keep too much food in my these last few days. 

So something that I love about doing exchanges is being able to see how grand this work is. It really is being spread to every area and you really can see that it truly is the lords work. Only something that comes from god could do what is happening all over the world by young, not always very intelligent, men and women. 

I love this work! 

Love hermana ashcroft

PS- you should read mosiah 16:6-9 and Alma 7:11-13 focusing on verse 12. Happy Easter! Ill let you come up with your own comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment