Monday, April 28, 2014

Storm Alerts



April 8, 2014
Hola,

Sorry I didn't write yesterday, we were on lockdown in our pensions. It's rained so much and is continuing. They've allowed us to leave to write and work today but depends on how the weather continues if we'll continue to be able to. They've shut down water nearly everywhere for the next 3 days or so, so we've only got whatever is in the tanks for the apartments. and we woke up without electricity yesterday, but it came back on in the evening. Luckily ive got a great mom who packed me a wonderful clip on light so that we could see enough to shower and study:) They've told us to stay away from the canals and rivers, which is funny cause our area is right next to the canal haha. So yesterday everyone stayed in the pensions and it made for a super weird day. I dont know how i use to stay inside all day hahah. I made tortas fritas though and im pretty sure ive finially got it down and im not burning myself to do it either haha. We obviously didnt feel the etrthquakes in chile but we have heard of them. Honestly i think argentina likes to exaggerate. the "storms" dont seems to bad. it's just water after all.

However the rain kept a lot of people from coming to sonference on saturday and sunday which was a big bummer. Lots of our investigators werent able to come because of it... again, i think they exaggerate a bit haha. Conference was so good though! It seems like mom and I were on the same page watching it cause all the quotes and thoughts you sent me were some of the ones that really stuck out to me as well. Uchtdorf, Jean A Steven, and Lawrence E Corbridge were some really good talks. All were good actually! I love conference! And i got to see some of the members from allen cause the are in our stake and come here to watch it! It was so good! The missionaries there now told me that the lady (if you can remember) that lived WAYYY out in the middle of the chacras (orchards) that we had to walk forever to get there,got married and her and her husband got baptised! I really loved all of conference though and the members got together to get a tv to put up on sunday in a room so that all of us gringos could watch it in english on sunday! It was so sweet:) As I was thanking them one man said "it's so our angles can hear from god as well". It really touched my heart.

So things are going great though. Marcus and his sister gabby are getting baptised the 27th!! their mom finally gave them permission and she has a baptism date as well!! That was a grand miracle of the week. We did exchanges with some of the hermanas this last week and if the weather allows us we'll be doing 2 or 3 more this week. We've got a lot of awesome hermanas in our area:) Oh and i forwarded thephotos of the conference we had this week. I dont know how we stayed awake cause we woke up at 3 to get there.

Photo of the week... my lovely feet. hermana garcia laughed so hard to see how my toes seperate, hope you get a good laugh from it as well.

Last thought,I recently read a talk called "his grace is sufficient" I cant remeber by who...it's by some BYU teacher or something...But you should all look it up and read it. I absolutely loved it. It helped me to better understand the grace of god and the love he has for all of us. His grace really is sufficient for all of us. i know it. Thanks to his grace this gosple isn't just for a few, it's for everyone. "the gosple isn't weight it's wings, it carries us" as they said in conference:)

Also, joe, it made me think of what youd told me a few weeks ago... you should share it:)

love you all to neptune and back!
hermana ashcroft

 PS- My cards are good and wont expire in the mission

PSS- Cant remeber if i told you that my watch broke and i had to buy a new one... i bought it with a card.. like a month ago haha so dont think its super fishy when you see that.

PSSS- My boots that an investigator gave me in trevelin are still good, but i may need to buy new ones at some time. also, i probably will be buying a rain coat sometime... theres a lot of rain. haha
love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment