Monday, April 28, 2014

Are you there??



March 10, 2014
Soo, try not to forget me too easily family. I'm still here. Luckily mom wrote me a few lines this week, but I basically haven't heard from any of you. So I'm dropping the cane on you all. Did you feel it drop?

So things are going well here. It was a bit of a slow week cause all the members went to the temple so we didn't have very many lessons (can't remember if I told you that our lessons don't count unless we have a member present). And really i've seen the difference it makes when the members accompany the missionaries. we had stake conference this week and they all dopped the cane on missionary work saying that every member is a missionary and needs to do their part. Crazy stuff... in our stake here there are 56 missionaries!! Sure we have to travel an hour y bus to get to the stake center. But for one stake, we are 2 zones and 56 missionaries in total which is larger than some of the wards here.

Our recent convert Ezequiel got to go to the temple this week with the ward and he came back completely iluminated. He's pregressed so much and is working so hard to learn more and share the gosple with everyone. It's been incredible to see how the gosple really influences people when they allow it to enter in their lives.

In other news.... we had another attack of red ants this week.... Our door doen't seal all the way shut and they sneaked in and made an army covering our wall and table. We'd left a bag out that had some spilled oil in it and they were chewing through the bag to get to it. I didn't know that ant liked oil... We've also got some cricket friends in our bathroom that I greet every morning when I take a shower. We're pretty sure they're lucky crickets though. We also pulled a lot of weekds with week with the elders here. But like a lot. it made 5 huge piles of pulled weeds with 2 of the piles nearly the same height as me. Needless to say my legs are sore from fighting with some stubborn weeds and all the bugs that ate us. Also, it turned out to be a good plan to bring garden gloves mom:) The majority of the weeds had thorns.

So I wrote down some other stuff i wanted to say to you all, but i forgot my notebook that I wrote it all in... Senillosa was one fo the few areas with the most baptisms this last month which is awesome:)

Thanks grandma for the e-mail and the uote about SMILE. I really liked it:)

Hope all is well with you all. Be sure to write me or update me or something...

Love you!

Hermana ashcroft
PS- I really missed you all this week.
PSS- did you know that there's a national holliday that's day of the woman?? we got told feliz dia a lot of times just for me to finally learn the it was womens day... who knew...
PSSS- you really should write me.
PSSSS- I really do miss you all

No comments:

Post a Comment