Monday, April 28, 2014

We're not in Kansas anymore...



Hola!!

So I've made it to the grand General Roca! It's defintely different than all the super tiny towns that i've been in! It honestly feels wierd to be in a city. I feel like....whats her name with the red shoes that leaves kansas and goes to the land of oz?? well i feel like her... And encima, we live right in the middle of the city center. Our address is Tucuman 1161 if you want to look it up. We're in an apartment on the 2nd floor, which is really the 3rd floor but in argentina the 1st floor is what we call the 2nd floor haha. Im in the area Universitario B, but Hermana Garcia and I will be doing... I cant think of how you say it in english.... intercambios with 8 different pairs of hermanas in 2 different zones (Roca and Villaregina) So I'll get to know a lot of areas here.

Our ward is the biggest I've been in! We have about 100 members that usually come although the last week there were only 90 and it still seems SOO big! I think I'll have a spasm when I get back to the wards in Utah. The members are awesome and we have a lot of investigatores and potential investigatores. However the investigatores that I have already come to love so much in only 2 visits is the family Jara. The daughter got baptised a few months by Elder merrell who served in Senillosa with me. And we're teaching the other 3 children and the mom. I have heard some incredible and sincere prayers in my mission but i think Marcus (17 years old) wins. "god, im marcus, one of your children.... i want to know..." And his brother Anibal (30 years old) as well. You honestly could feel the spirit so strong. Well marcus wants to get baptised now as well as the sister Gabby, but they need permission from their mom. So we're praying and fasting lots for them:)

So it wouldn't be a reunion with Hermana Garcia if something crazy didnt happen.... so my second day here we were in the middle of studying when we realized there was water... lots of water. Long story short... our apartmenet flooded from a clothes washer hahah. All of my bags were still on the floor cause i hadnt had time to unpack yet and everything got wet. Thankfully the books were saved. But it was about nearly 2 inches in our bedroom and kitchen. haha so we spent a good morning cleaning up all the water.

Another miracle, an investigator Ancelmo accepted a baptism date. And his wife is reading the book of mormon! Although she hasnt told us yet that she is... haha ancelmo secretly told us:)

Miracle number 10000- we bought grapes from a couple the other day and gave them our number with a pamphlet and they called us yesterday wanting to make lunch for us and hear more about the church!

I'm super happy to be with Hermana Garcia! Although ill be getting a bit more than chubby cause we always cook a lot of intersting food together haha.

Well love you all so much!!

Hermana Ashcroft

PS- I have the cutest nephew in the world!!

PSS- i found out what i figg is!! I actually learned what it was in spanish before i did in english haha. There was a fig tree on the side of the street and we may have climbed it a bit to eat some figgs... they're really good!! Even if they do look like worms inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment