Monday, April 28, 2014

Bienvenidos a....



March 24, 2014
Hola family and all!!



So transfers came and they were a bit crazy. I'll tell you this, I'm leaving Senillosa as well as one of the elders. The elder that's leaving is going to be a zone leader now in Neuquen, and I'm going to Roca as one of those hermana lider things. I'm super sad i'll be missing the next 2 baptisms that we have planned though.... monica is all ready to be baptised now and i had to say goodbye to her today... I bought some cute hats for baby soren (he's still a baby in my head) from her though! She knitted them and one if of mike from monsters Inc and the other is nemo! Monica has progressed incredibly though! She's very timid and insecure but to see her now is totally different than just 3 weeks ago! She's got so many talents and is so incredible, but she's never thought so of herself. The gosple has helped her realize more her worth though and i truly lover her so much!

So the part that is the most crazy of the transfers is who is my new companion.... remember good old plaza huincul and the names in the clouds?!?! YUP!! HERMANA GARCIA (from mexico) IS MY COMPANION AGAIN!! hahahha I'm super excited!! Also, i was kthining about it and it seems to me that the lord really wants me to learn spanish cause in my 11 months (today actually) I have only had latina compaƱeras. Which is awesome:) So I'll be trodding around General Roca now with hermana Garcia:)



Updates of what we did this week-

*built a house. Literally. hahha the ward did a service activity and we built a house for a family with special needs and fixed up all of their yard. You'd think it would be impossible to build a house in a day, but the way they do it here it you really can build a house in a day haha. so that was awesome! I'm now a profesional with working with wire and one member told me that i was all ready to go home and build my own house now haha

*Noche de hogar with all the jovenes and some new additions. They all bore their testimony at the end to say goodbye to me and elder merrell and it was incredible.

*We ate Asado. that was delicious!! Our last almuerzo and the members prepared an asado for us from a goat and cow that they had just killed... meat is always SUPER fresh here.

*our convert ezequiel gave his first talk in church and did awesome:)

*we found 4 more investigators:)

*we've taught one of our investigators to read and write now and she does it like a champ now with the book of mormon!

*Jose Dimitrovich carved me a gift out of wood and I cried with him and his family saying goodbye to them. We shared testimonies and I KNOW that he felt the spirit and i KNOW that he will get baptised one day.

*I also cried saying goodbye to our converts Juan and Luis. They are like 2 more adopted grandpas to me:)

*and so much more....



I really love the mission. and i really love you all:)



Hermana ashcroft



PS- write you from roca next week:) Funny thing is it's actually really close to my last area in Allen and it's in the same stake
 Some of the youth from the ward and the salame i found on the street last week!! hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment