Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sweaty and Smiley!


December 16, 2013
So this subject line just about describes me right now.... it's super hot here.... Sometimes I think somebody just poured some water down my back and then I realize that it's just my own drops of sweat falling down hahah. I'm pretty sure I'm sweating even while im taking my cold showers. I never realized how hot hot feels if you never have an air conditioner to bask under. The fans are just starting to rotate the hot air and blow it in your face. I'm pretty sure i need to wash my sheets again cause I sleep sweating haha. HOWEVER, regardless of the heat, I'm super happy! Sometimes I just let myself think that I'm just wet because I've been swimming....I pretty much look like that haha. 

In other news, I'm mastering the tortas fritas (they're basically like scones)! Everybody here makes bread and torta fritas, but nobody actually has a recipie...recepi, recepie, recipi (how do you spell that word?..). Anyways, I've had some successes and have only burnt myself a bit from the oil and grasa. 

So it's super awesome here cause almost every tree in the street is a fruit tree of some type! We found apricots on the street the other day, but it was super funny cause we looked up and all the apricots were still green in the tree, but there were like 10 on the ground super ripe! My companion had never tried an apricot before so we picked up the best ones, brushed them off and ate about 3 each. It was so wonderful:) We've also found some trees that have some strange super lard grape things hanging from them. We didnt know if you could eat them, but they looked so good we were so tempted! We picked a bunch off the tree and carried them around with us so we could ask someone if they knew what they were... well we couldn't wait long enough to find somebody to ask and we just ate them anyways. We're hoping it wasnt like the forbidden fruit or anything and that we don't die, but they were super tasty at least! 

We got a reference the other day of a lady in the chacras (orchards) and we went to try and contact her saturday. Long story short, after walking a good couple (or bunch) of miles, sometimes going in the wrong direction, we adventually found her house in the middle of the chacras. She was super sweet and said she wanted to come to church the next day! So we called her that night to confirm with her and ask if she wanted us to pass by for her cause she doesnt have a car or bike and she said yes. So Sunday we left our apartment at 7:50 so that we could walk clear out there and bring her to church in time at 9:30. When we got there though, her husband said that she's left really late to go to a birthday party and hadn't come home.... that was disappointing. I just started laughing super hard cause we'd walked miles super excited to bring her to church! Perhaps the next week though we'll have better success:) 

Thank you so much to all for the letters!!! You know how I love to get mail:) A special thank you to the family and also to jan strong that sent me a letter with all the people from the ward (young womens) that signed it! Also to Kobe who sent me a fetivus card! I got all 4 christmas/thanksgiving card from the fam this week:) I totally laughed and its made me smile for days to see them! love you all so much!:)

So for christmas the 26th works great for both my companion and I:) We'll be going to a cyber around 12 or 12:30 our time which is.... 8 or 8:30 your guys's time i believe.... Sorry that it's early. I'll let you guys know more definitely the next week if that's the hour and day that we're going to come. Let me know if there's any problems with that day or time. 

OH, and we no longer have to be in our apartments by 6 now:) that rule didn't last too long... they're just advising to be careful, which is good cause you all know that i'm super dangerous. ;) 

I'm super excited for christmas here and I'm trying to think of what I can do or make to give to people:) Let me know if you guys hae any ideas of something easy to make to pass out! I really love allen! 

We've seen some incredible miracles:) and now I just know that we're going to see some great christmas miracles!!! (the whole fam better catch that:)) 

Really though, that's my favorite line, because it really is a christmas miracle! We have the ability to have infinite joy because of the miracle that christmas is really all about. Like grandma always says- christmas is light through the darkness and love through the ages. It's true:) I'm grateful for all the christmas miracles that I've recived and seen in my life and here in argentina.

I hope you all can see the miracles around you especailly at this time. 

Love you all so much and think and pray for you always!

hermana ashcroft

PS- IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment