Sunday, February 23, 2014

2 in 1!!!


October 28, 2013
Hola familia (friends if I still have any that are reading...)

So things are going great here in Allen, I really like this city, it's a lot different than my other areas. Can't remember what I've told you about it, but it's full of orchards. It's like the pear and apple capital (that rhymed). And it's FULL of less active people... so basically it's like another orchard in a sense with lots of fruit that needs to get picked before it goes bad haha. (yes I just made a parallel with the scritptures). 

My companion hermana Gil is a newby that only just turned 19. But she's super sweet although it's definitely different trying to explain how everything works to her, especially since she's never lived away from home. But we get along really well! And she speaks english fairly well, so I'm trying to use that to my advantage to learn more spanish. She says that people from peru don't have accents, but they definitely do... haha. The good news is that by the end of my mission I'll be able to understand lots of different spanish, although I'm not sure what kind of spanish I'll be speaking....Right now its argentine with a dash or columbian, mexican, and peruvian.

So this week was great cause we got 2 new baptism dates! They're both for young (23ish) moms that are living with their 'marido' who have been less actives for 20 or so years. So we've got to get them married activated and baptised, but the both are improving a lot! And within only 1 day apart, we set baptism dates for the both for the same day, the 30 of november. It's incredibly to see the work spread and grow. We're 6 missionaries (us hermanas and 2 pairs of elders) here in Allen in the same ward. There was only about 25ish people our fist domingo, but we had nearly 60 the next! And the elders are getting close to putting a few baptism dates as well, so we could have a fair amount of baptisms in this next month. 

It's definitely getting hot now... although it's suppose to get a lot hotter. They say about 41 degrees celcius... someone want to tell me what that means?? 

Well sorry I don't have more time... I'll try to take some pictures that are worth sending the next week... 

lots of love!

hermana ashcroft

oh, P.S.- us missionaries put on a super funny skit for a ward activity this week. Whether or not I was before, I'm defintiely a funny person. incase you wanted to know. Pretty sure I got it from my parents

P.S.S- I accidently left our apartment the other day after our studies and after walking a couple blocks and seeing a lot of people I realized that me feet felt strangely comfortable... I looked down to realize that I still had my big bulky sandles on. haha that was embarassing

P.S.S.- no more stories for today. but lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment