Sunday, February 23, 2014

It's Summer Time!


November 25, 2013
Hello all:)

So this week was pretty nice with weather, not too hot or anything! I got my new companion, hermana Silva from nicaragua, the capital managua where matthew served i believe. She's.... I don't the words to describe her haha, but she's really nice:) 

So i've been teaching piano lessons for a few weeks now to lots of dfferent youth to try and activate them and it's working super well!! The only problem is their's only one piano and it's hard find a specific time to teach all of them. but i was surprised at how many people were intrested and excited to learn and it's helped us out a lot to get some older youth to acompany us to appointments and visit people, and it's activating some other youth. There's one girl that's 16 years old and for the past 3 sundays now she's woken up really early to help get her 2 younger sisters ready and walk the 25 minutes to the chaple with them without the help of her mom. It's really so incredible! I love seeing things like that, it just testifies to me that this gosple really changes people and lives and blesses them so much. So anyways, don't tell marci nilsson that I'm teaching piano cause she would probably die to think about me teaching, especially because of how horrible I am with rhythm hahahh. But the youth are eating it up! I've got more than 8 youth now that are wanting the lessons. I think I've got to try to find someone else in the area that teaches piano and has one to start taking over... haha. 

Victoria is getting married this week!!!!!!! And then she'll be baptised on the 7th!!! I'm super excited for her!!! And maria has progressed so much!! it's incredible to see that change in her that has taken place!! She's totally ready for baptism as well, but she just needs to get married.... it's a bit of a sticky situation, but we're working with it:) 

So we just got letters from the president telling us about how christmas is going to work with communicating with our families, and I need to see if the cyber is going to be open on christmas or not, and if not i'll let you guys know what day the week of christmas I'll be getting on to talk with you all:) So.... I'm pretty sure I remember my skype, so I'll just be using that unless someone knows of something better?... And I'll tell you the hour and day mas o menos, and then Just wait for you guys on skype. I've still got to check out the cybers though and see whick ones have skype and a camera and headphones and the hours for the week of christmas. I'm super excited to see you all though and talk with you, although I don't really know what there is to say haha. I just want to see baby bear really.... just kidding, kinda;) But anyways, there's still a month left for that! 

Oh, so this week I was with a ginga for about 2 days while we waited for our new companions and it was interesting being with someone for the first time who's native language isn't spanish and that had less spanish than me haha. Defintiely some interesting days. But anywyas, we totally thought thanksgiving was last thursday and we went around telling EVERYONE feliz dia de las gracias! we sent messages to all the missionaries in our areas and our leaders and everything. And then we found out that night that thanksgiving is this week.... although i'm still not really sure... haha. Isn't thanksgiving the 3rd thursday of the month??? And why is it something weird like that so that we don't know what day is thanksgiving?? haha. ANywyas, i hope you all enjoy thanksgiving for me and eat lots of delicious food!! I'll be eating noodles... with tuko... and maybe rice.... with and apple hahah. 

well, love you all so much! Hope you're not too cold there, I'll try not to sweat down here too much for all of you. 

lots of love and hugs!!

hermana ashcroft

P.S.- english music in the cybers kills me! haha it makes me want to listen to more music! and makes it dificult to concentrate on typing haha

No comments:

Post a Comment