Monday, August 26, 2013

Chou Trevelin


So we got the call for the transfers saturday night just before bed, and I'm leaving to go open up a new area. It's called Plaza Huincol. My new compaƱera is Hermana Garcia I think... Can't remember. Anyways, I leave wednesday at 4pm from esquel. I get to Bariloche at 9pm and then leave from bariloche at 11pm and get to Neuquen at 4:45am Thursday. Then at 11 o'clock that night I leave neuquen for Cutralcol and get there just before 1am and then take a taxi from there to my new area. Definitely a LOT of traveling. I'm just hoping I can sleep more then I've been able to the other times in the colectivos. 

They called my up to bare my testimony yesterday in church for the last time, and I didn't think I was going to, but i definitely cried. It's been so hard to say good-bye to the people here. When they learned I was leaving they all were so sweet and have written me so many notes and farewell gifts. It killed me to see little 8 year old Micaela cry so hard during church when she found out I was leaving. We've been teacher her and her parents and have been helping to get them married so they can get baptised, but it's gonna be at the end of September that they are able to do that all because of papers, so I won't be here. As well as the baptism of 3 other investigators that we've been teaching that i'm gonna miss. I'm so happy for them though. I taught the gosple principles class this sunday. It's the class for the recent converts and investigators. My first sunday here we had one person in the class. Yesterday there were 9! and that's been our average for the last few weeks now. It's incredible the growth! Our chaple is nearly full now on sundays! It makes me so happy to see how the gosple can change peoples lives for the better!

Love you all lots! sorry i don't have more time... siesta... things close down early. 

Hermana Ashcroft

La Torre oe Babel


Lauren and Hermana Obando

It snowed this week in Trevelin.

No comments:

Post a Comment