Monday, August 26, 2013

Guided Footsteps


August 5, 2013
Hola!

So first of all...
I'm going to the hospital tomorrow, they're cutting off two of my
toes. Both my boots have holes in the toes now and we had a lot of
rain and snow this week and I got frost bite in my feet from being so
wet. The good news is they were able to save my big toes, so i
shouldn't have too much dificulty walking.... Only joking. But really,
I may need to buy some new boots sooner than expected. We'll see how
the weather is though... Everything here is super expensive.
Especially since we're in such a small town. Well everything but bread
and natural gas... which makes sense seeing as they eat like a loaf a
person a day and keep their heaters and ovens on full blast always.
Anyways, it's possible that I'll be buying shoes, and I don't know how
much their going to cost, so just make sure that I have some money on
my card would be great haha thanks.

We did however go to the hospital the other day to visit a member, and
the hospitals are definitely... different. Lets just say it made me
think of some camps we went to on our family vacations a few years
ago. You know... the camps.

Funny thing... People use mayonnaise here for so many things. it's the
most common condiment and they eat it with everything. I always get
told 'serve yourself some mayonnaise!'. And it's sold in every single
kiosk I realized haha.

The work is growing incredibly here! Neat experience- they other day
we had an hour with nothing to do cause all our citas fell through. So
I said 'how bout we try to encounter that contaact we had on the
street again' (we'd already tried a million times and they never
answered the door). But I'd had a feeling about this person when we
met her... anyways, my compaƱera wasnt real big on the idea, so we
just started walking around instead hoping to find people on the
streets that werent sleeping for siesta. And about 20 minutes later
she asks where we are and I had no idea, so we walk just a bit more,
just to find ourselves right infront of the house of this contact
again. And at that very moment the door opened and her husband was
saying goodbye to somebody leaving their house. Perfect opportunity!
So he invited us in and we talked with him and his wife for a long
time and found out that he was actually baptised years ago in another
city, and we didn't have his records. And now we've started teaching
them and their adorable 8 year old girl and we invited the wife and
the girl to be baptised, so if all goes well we'll have 2 more
baptisms at the end of this month! In a city that hasn't had baptisms
in almost 2 years, since I dot here with my companion we've not had 2
and have 2 more planned with a potential 8 more after that. The lord
truly works miracles and guids our steps.

love you all lots!

Hermana Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment