Monday, August 26, 2013

Miracles


August 12, 2013
Hola family! 

Again I don't have much time, cause we have to get back to Trevelin for a cita. But en serio (one of my favorite things to say haha) thank you so much for always writing! I absolutely love hearing from you all and your stories! 

So this week has been a week of noticing miracles. In every aspect of the work. This last Sunday we had 47 people at our chaple!!!! 47!!!! There almost weren't enough seats for everyone! It was incredible! Sure about 7 people were only there cause a baby was being blessed, and may not return (although I'm not ruling the possibility of  it out), but even so, 40 people is huge for us!! And we have 5 people with baptism dates right now and are working to help 2 different families get married so that they can be baptised. It is incredible to see how the lord works miracles to build up his church. There is no way that I could say that this progress has been because hermana obando and I are 'capas', but I know that it is only through and by the help of the lord. 

Also, as hard as it is to learn a language, I LOVE to see the moments when they lord uses the spirit to guide me. There not all that often, but the few moments when for whatever reason the lord sees neccessary, it's as though spanish is easy for me. All the correct words just come out of my mouth and I'm able to explain with perfect clarity what needs to be told to that person at that time.... And then I go back to not being able to string 5 correct words together hahah. But really, the 88 percent of the time that I can't speak is all worth it to see the 12 percent of the time when the spirit is so strong and is guiding my every word. Maybe it's a sign that I need to gain more faith so that I can have that strong of a spirit with me always, and then i'll be fluent haha. I wish I could explain more clearly how incredible it is though. 

Natalie- you almost had me convinced that soren't first words really were about me haha. For tricking me now you ahve to repeat my name to him every day untill it really is his first words! also- LOVE the picture!

Hope you guys enjoyed Thialand, it sounds awesome!! 

Love you all more than I have words for! 

Hasta la proxima semana! 

Hermana Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment