Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hermana Ashcroft's First Week


Seeing as you, Mckell, are the only person that has written me, you get the honor of recieving my e-mail. We have such a short time to write anyways though, so I havent necessarrily read your e-mail yet, we have to print them out to read throughout the week and then I can respond to them next week. Please tell anyone that is not family, that if they e-mail me and want a direct response, to send me their address as well so that I can write them throughout the week instead of with my limited computer time. This limited time is stressing me out, I only have 15 more minutes and I still need to copy all my e-mail and send them to the CCM to get printed out. So Mckell, you are now incharge this week of distributing this e-mail to any other family members that wish to see it. And you can scold other people for not writing me.

About DearElder, they only print them out once a week here and they give them to us on Thusday. And make sure to get it sent to be printed out, not just to my e-mail, cause I definitelly didnt get any DearElders printed out this week, shame on all of you.

I absolutely am loving it here though!! a few things I want to make sure to get remembered:
Hailey-pay my tithing, also if you could send me a copy of the piano music that I have for Praise to the Man that would be great.
Parents-there is something in my closet for you that I fogot to give to you, its in a brown bag and be sure to realize it talks haha. And mom be sure that you gave my checks to dad for him to deposit.

Now, about getting here: there were 8 of us that traveled to the CCM (MTC) together and it was defintiely an adventure. I sat next to this guy on the plane named leonardo stur and it was so awesome cause I was able to teach him a lesson and he was so open to it! Except then he got all personal and leaned over and kissed me and that was weird, I had to push him away and say that since Im a missionary I cant have relationships of any sort haha. It was odd. But he was still a really cool guy from Rosario and Im pretty sure I convinced him to meet with more missionaries. The 8 of us that traveled together are the first in the history of this CCM to come to the Argentina MTC that are Americans going to Argentina missions.

I really am almost out of time... my District if called Mormón and we are 8 hermanas y 2 Elders. We got to go to the temple once this last week cause it will be closing for 2 weeks to be cleaned and it was really so cool to be able to do and in Spanish! I defintiely struggled though. Also, our drive from the ariport these men picked us up to take us to the CCM and we were so convinced that they were going to kidnapp us cause they took all our luggage and the said they didnt work for the church and they spoke no english! It was really funny, but lo an behold we made it here! Ive woken up at least by 6 every single day here!! Believe it, its tue!! Theyre kicking me off!! ive got to go!! LOV YOU!!

hermana Ashcroft

also, my address is (i think)
Hermana Lauren Maureen Ashcroft
Neuquen Argentina Mission
Argentina Missionary Training Center
Autopista Ricchieri y Puente 13
1778 Ciudad Evita
Buenos Aires
Aregntina

No comments:

Post a Comment