Monday, May 13, 2013

Hey There!!!


                                                                                                                   Thursday May 9, 2013

Dear Family,

Its so good to know that I havent been completely forgotten yet! (By the way, I still dont know how to find the apostrophe on these keyboards, so dont judge). Yeah, I definitely dont know whats going on with the mail and Dear Elders, Ill see if I get any today. My district has the first writing shift at 7:30 though, so Im not sure yet if I have any mail. Thanks for all the e-mails though, I copied them so that I could get them all printed out and read them today, and then Ill respond to what you all wrote me either in a personal letter or an e-mail next week. Dont worry though cause ive already sent 2 letters to you all through Pouch Mail that you should get at sometime, I dont know how long it takes for mail to get there through the pouch mail, so let me know.

Dad gets the honor of my e-mail this week, simply because he is my Dad and I love him. Also, his e-mail was the last one I copied and pasted to get printed out and I happened to read the end of one of his Dear Elders that never got sent and it cracked me up to the point that I was laughing out loud.

Things are going so well here! Im sending you all another pouch mail this week with some other random thoughts throughout my week that ive had time to write down. As of now, my letters to you all are really like my journal, so be sure to keep all of them haha. We are kept so busy here, but I totally love it! We actually just got new companions, wait for my letter to find out why, so my companion is Hermana Nicole Christensen now and I totally love her! We get along way well and shes from Logan Utah. Were definitely more on the same page with our Spanish and our teaching style than me and my last companion were. However, with the change we got a new night teacher and they took away my favortie teacher! Itd deffintely a bummer, but our new teacher is still alright.

Story time-
So within hours of my and Hermana Christensen becoming companions we had to teach and IP lesson (investigador progressivo) meaning our teachers act like progressive investigadors and we have to teach them for a week or two. It honestly feels so real though that its ridiculous haha. But so me and Hermana C had to teach a lesson and before we both had relied more on our companions to teach cause they spoke spanish like perfectly. But so we had no time to plan and prepare and get everything in Spanish, before the lesson. So were walking to the IPs room and I knock on the door just for her to say ´We forgot to pray!´ so i quickly start praying even though ive already knowcked on the door and then we just start busting up laughing cause he opens the door. So we say not ready yet! and he closes the door. Strike one. so we knock again and i hear him sya somthing in spanish that i thought was Come In. So i open the door and his face definitely let me know that he had not said come in so we star laughing so hard again and close the door. strike 2. so we knock again and as soon as he opens the door his phone rings and he answers it and closes the door on our face! Strike 3! so we knock a gain and he opens the door, but by this point we are not composed at all and were just laughing so hard through our whole lesson!! Mayb its not that funny, but the simplest things are funny in the CCM!

Ive got to go cuase im out of time! I love you all so very much though!
And I have to give a quick shout out to my mother, cause its mothers day this week!! I love you so much mom and you are the best mother anyone could ever ask for! Look for my letters cause they will all be coming. Thanks for the love and support! I think well have mroe time next week to write

hermana ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment