Thursday, July 11, 2013

This Week- Wet and Frozen


Hello All!

First of all, I got all 4 of your post cards dad, as well as both letters with the pictures last tuesday. Thank you so much!! However, it was super strange, the letters didn't have the stamps in them... but super weird cause they didn't look like they had been opened at all. Some sneaky person magically took them out haha. It's alright though, I don't think I can use them her after all... sorry about that. I got all the pictures though and I love them! We're basically the best looking family ever. I'm going to be sending a letter to you guys either today or sometime this week.

So this week was super wet. It rained for the first 3 days, litterally non-stop. The streets started flooding. It just changed between either raining hard or raining softly, but it never stopped for just a bit over 3 days. Needless to say, we were drenched, like to the point that is looked like my hair was raining cause there was so much water dripping from it haha. I enjoyed the sound of the rain though, especially since most the roofs are tin. It was nice once it finally stopped though. Although, after it stopped the temperature dropped a lot. I stay warm enough though. And it's super great to see my companions reaction every time there is frost or ice cause the is from colombia and has never seen anything like that before.

Sounds like the reunion was great! So glad you all were able to go! My 4th of July was pretty great too! We had our first baptism- Ambar! And then later that night the Asbell's invited us over for a real American meal! Hamburgers! With corn and fries and all hahah! It was delicious. A great way to celebrate the 4th of July:) But then this friday I found out from the Asbell's that they thought that I was going to be the one completely teaching the English classes on Saturday. Talk about losing a lot of information in translation! We've been planning on these classes for a while now, but I thought that it was something that my companion had discussed with the Asbell's previous to me arriving, so I just thought that I was going to be a helper and they had it all planned out... nope haha. When they told me the night before the classes that I was the one directing it all, I nearly threw up with fear. Honestly. I was so scared and seriously would have thrown up had we not been in the middle of a lesson with our investigator Gustavo (who is imrpoving so well by the way!). So Saturday came and so did the people for the classes in the chaple, and honestly I was praying so hard the whole time. It worked though, cause Somehow I made it through the hour and a half. And I think people actually learned something haha. Anyways, now I've got to plan and teach and english class for every saturday from now on. And then on saturday again, in the evening we went to Esquel for 2 baptisms from the elders. And as soon as I show up our district leader hand me a music book and says "you have to play this song for us to sing at the baptism" (in spanish). Oh and by the way, the baptism was going to start in 15 min.... totally wanted to through up again hahah. No one else could play the piano at all, so I had 15 minutes to learn this song. Again I was praying so hard. And it wasn't perfect, but the fact that I was able to play at all was such a blessing!

Anyways, that's kinda my topic for the week- The lord gives us exactly what we need to get by. I've noticed it with the language and with so many other things. He will always bless us with what we need.

Language problem this week- I had my first ñoquis and I accidentally called them moquis and ended up telling the member that was feeding us that her boogers tasted really good.... oops haha.

Thanks for everything and I love you all so much!

Enjoy your summer!

Hermana Ashcroft

This is my district after being in the rain a bit haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment