Thursday, July 25, 2013

"Expecto Bautismo!"


Hola,

Subject line this week comes from one of the notes I found from mom. Definitely is going down as a classic line. And it's relevant for this last week cause Gustavo just got baptized and confirmed! It may have taken him 4 times, but he's definitely clean from sin now. It was all such a great service. He is gonna help our little branch out so much especially since he'll be able to receive the priesthood next week and we don't have many priesthood holders. 

It was an interesting week in our pension... we woke up one freezing morning and there was no power. So we exercised and then had an interesting time preparing breakfast and showering in the pitch black. Literally. My hand was touching my noes and I still couldn't see my fingers. By the time you could start to see the first bit of sun rise the power finally came. Just in time for us to start our studies, which was pretty neat. And then the next day water started falling from our bathroom ceiling... but not just dripping... literally a waterfall falling from the ceiling. It was still only like 7:30 and we couldn't get ahold of our landlord, so for about 40 minutes our pension started flooding. We filled 3 large buckets nearly twice and then were using my towel and all our rags to try and sop up the water. Finally we were able to find where to turn off all the water (which my companion had known all along, but I guess she didn't understand what I was trying to say when I said 'we need to turn off the water, where is it?!') By the way, no, I don't have a new companion, it's still me and Hermana Obando from Columbia. But we have 2 new elders in out district. One is actually from Draper Utah and went to Alta funny enough. 

I still haven't sent my letter... the post office is only open till one and is on the opposite side of town and we study until 12 and have lunch at one... so I'm gonna see if the Asbell's can send it for me. Which by the way, have you gotten the e-mails from Hermana Asbell mom? I gave her your e-mail cause it's the only one I have memorized. Send her an e-mail of thanks or something if you have. You can E-mail her if you want and she will send you more pictures. By the way, everyone who sees the pictures of our family doesn't believe that you and dad are your age. They all say that my mom looks way too young. 

Thanks for the letter Natalie, and you did tell me you weren't going to write, so there are no hard feelings here haha (I included that 'haha' just for you:) ) And holy cow!! Bear is the cutest thing in the world!! He already looks so different and old! Thank you so much for the pictures!! I love to see pictures of all of you. 

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, Be sure to thank grandma and give her a big hug and a kiss for me too. Dad's re-gifting of my harry potter books is very fitting with my topic this week. And it works too since I'm pretty sure I've never taken the plastic off yet cause it's all just too pretty and wonderful. 

A great scripture that you all should read is Jacob 3:1-2. It's short and simple, but I really enjoyed it this last week. 

Also... you won't believe it, cause I can't even believe it. But my boots have a big hole in them. The seam ripped open at the outside of my toes on my right foot. The inner layer of fabric is still in tact though. It's about 2 and a half inches though... I think I can make them last for this winter, but I don't know about the next one... So much for clarks great quality. I already look like I have over a year in the mission walking in these shoes. 

I've got a great video to show you guys when I get back of a great song that my companion and I made up and filmed us singing hahah. Totally random- but as missionaries you aren't suppose to dance, and we were with all the other missionaries in our district and one of them and I were joking a bit about dancing and another one said "no dancing". So I replied that we weren't dancing, simply "caminando con gozo".Okay, so probably not even funny. But trust me when I say it was one of my greatest lines and it's definitely the joke of the week for us. I know, I know, now you're thinking how pathetic missionaries are. But I love it:) 

Love you all so much and thank you all again for everything! 

Hermana Ashcroft

Please tell Madeline Scoville and chelsea carruth Thank you so very much for the package! 

Gustavo's Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment