Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's Definitely Winter Here!


BURRR!! It's definitely starting to get cold here. I'm jealous of your
guys's 103 weather right about now... The muddy streets are starting
to ice over and it rains a lot here. But when we walk really really
fast it helps to not realize how cold it is. When there's lots of
puddles in the streets it's like a dance trying to walk around the
mini lakes and avoid them haha. The other day we were walking and I
hopped over a big puddle onto the sidewalk and then realized that
there was a big wire line thing that I NEARLY clotheslined myself
with. I quickly did some crazy back-bend dive to avoid it though. I
was super proud of myself for avoiding it, just to at that very moment
stomp into the biggest puddle ever! I splashed water all up my legs
hahah. Good news is my boots are nearly water proof... my feet just
get a little wet.

So apparently I have to more 'photos' (pretty sure they're post card 1
and 2 from dad that I never got) and one card waiting for me. I'll get
them later today though cause the mail gets sent to the district
leader who is in Esquel. Our cyber place got shut down in Trevelin
though so we had to travel to esquel to write, so I'll be seeing him
later to get my letters. But thank you in advance!! Bummer of a news
though... I found out that we actually don't have the church pouch
mail in my mission... So I can't send letters home using american
stamps... haha sorry. Guess I'll just be holding onto those stamps
that are on their way. And can't remember if I told you or not, but
any packeges, get sent to the mission home as well. But packages
aren't the best cause I have to pay half the price of the worth of the
contents in the package to recieve it. Just to let you know.

So starting this Saturday I'm suppose to be teaching English classes.
Definitely am scared for that. It was my companions idea, but we've
been passing out invitations for it and it's scaring my how many
people are super interested and want to come. And lots of adults too.
So it's way good cause hopefully it will bring lots of people to the
chaple, but I honestly am scared cause I have no idea how to teach
english haha! Especailly since some people want to learn enough to
helop them in their tourism jobs... what do you need to learn and how
do you teach that?? haha oh goodness... I'm just praying that I can
teach at least something to these people that I can't even talk to in
the first place haha.

Funny thing- My companion and I were studying the other day and she
says something to my in spanish and I ask her what one of the words
meant. The sentence was something like "it's because your mind is like
a (word I didn't know)" So she looks it up in the dictionary and
sounds it out and then says boldly "whorehouse!" Yeah, by this point I
was totally in shock slash lost haha. So I ask her "really??" and she
says yeah, so I walk over to look at the dictionary and realize "no no
no no no!!! hahahah That says warehouse!!!" haha it was super funny!
So don't let your mind be a whorehouse, but rather a warehouse full of
good informantion people.

My feet are feeling a lot better and are totally good now. It helps
that my shoes are completely worn in now. However, the other day I
kinda slipped in the mud and tweaked my left knee somehow... it feels
like it wants to snap backwards sometimes. I've been wrapping it
though and taking lots of Naproxin. After awhile of walking really
fast though, I'm able to kind of block out the pain. I don't know...
let me know if you have any suggestions or ideas of what it could be.

Gustavo is progressing so well! We were able to get him in the church
yesterday! And he undertands and believes everything we've taught him
so far. WE have ambar's baptism this thursday and if all continues to
go well gustavo will be on the 20th. Last night was funny though. We
were teaching him the 3rd lesson and the law of chastity too. My
companion explained the law of chastity simply enough and then I go
and add in a thought or two and get ready to close like I usually do
and I say "and I say these things..." and look at my companion and she
gives me the look like 'no don't close yet!' So i look down and see
the word faith on a paper and say "And I say these things.... with
faith... (shucks!! what am i suppose to be saying with faith
hahah)...um... that every commandment from god will bless our lives"
hahahaha oh it was ridiculous. But other than that the lesson went
well haha.

Yes mom I am getting your e-mails. Haven't gotten a letter yet though,
Just got my letters from the district leader and they were dad's post
cards and a letter from a friend, so maybe next week though. Sounds
like girls camp was way fun though! And I hope you guys have fun at
the reunion and califormia!!

thanks you to all that wrote me!! Lynette and Chealsea were a nice new
addition this week:)

Things are going well and I-m understnding more, but I still don-t
feel like I can say anything. Im studying everyday though.

Love you all so very much. And I pray for you always.

Talk to you again in a week,

Hermana Ashcroft

No comments:

Post a Comment