Saturday, July 19, 2014

Flu week

June 30, 2014
Hola All.

So this was a pretty crazy and awesome week. I got the flu though satuday morning... that wasn't too fun. But the reason I got it was even less fun. I have some crazy infection in my throat and it's all swolen up on one side and has white patches on the inside and basically just hurts a lot. It hurts just to swallo my spit and at times is impossible to even think about swallowing anything else. so for the last 2 and half days i have lived off of a few cups of this banana, apple, and milk smoothie that my companion has made for me. The most solid thing i have eaten is a couple spoonfulls of some really soggy rice with some soup. So that's awesome. I might be able to lose all the mission weight i've gained with just a few more days of this sickness. 

Other than that though, it really was a great week! Our investigator Sergio came to church with his little girl Naira!!!!!!! We were secretely freaking out inside! He's 32 and is a single father and it's incredible how he's been changing! he went from not reading the book of mormon or praying at all to asking us what his nest tarea would be to read. And he paid attention to everything in church and wanted to stay for it all!! he's awesome:) On top of that we had 2 other investigators in church this week as well!

In other news.... an investigator guess my age this week.... i guess im 30 now... that's disgusting. hahha it kinda broke my heart to hear that. also. my companion and i proved ourselves to be super awesome. we took apart and re-put together in a different room this GIGANTIC closet thing for Micaela But honestly it was one of thopse things that goes nearly all the way to the ceiling and covers a whole wall. and between the 2 of us we did it all:) Her step dad didn't say anything but looked very impressed. My daddy raised my well... no weak girls here.

So i really love you all so very much:) I know i have the best family ever that was selected for me directly from an all knowing all loving heavenly father. So it really is impossible for me to have a had a better family than the one i have:) Even though my mom is a criminal.... hahha:) 

LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

hermana ashcroft

PS- dont tell anyone but im still just waiting for argentina to lose the world cup.... one so that the jersys will hopefully be cheaper but mainly just so that all this craziness will stop. I'm sure if someone here knew that though i would be kicked out of the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment