Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another Transfer


October 7, 2013
So my time in Plaza Huincul is over. Friday I'll being going to Neuquen to get my new companion. Don't know who she is yet, cause I'll be training, but she'll have to be patient with me cause I'll be opening another new area with her. My area is called Allen and it's in a brand new zone that they're opening as well called Chipoleti (I think that's right, but I'm not sure...) My companion is staying here, but she'll be training as well. 

So I'm finally going to send a few pics.. well perhaps only 2 cause it takes a long time haha. But the first one is super legit! My companion and I are famous in plaza Huincul forever now. A kid from a less active family that we visit gets permission to do grafiti all throughout the city, and we convinved him to put us in one of his pieces. Look to the clouds. So although I'll be leaving here, I've left my mark. Hopefully in more ways that just a name on a building (although that's pretty cool) The people here really are great and I've loved talking with and teaching them.  I'm sad to be leaving all our investigators we've found here that are progressing so well towards baptism. 
Well the other picture is of the part that I won't miss all that much about Plaza Huincul... this is the "San Juan"... It's basically a big dried up river, but it never actually was a river... It's for if it rains realy hard one time (alhtough it never really rains here haha) So basically its just full of trash and wonderful smells... And well sometimes my companion and I were too lazy or in too much of a rush to walk around to where there is a bridge, so we just walked through it... haha. 

Oh a couple days ago was crazy! Out of nowhere it started hailing!! Like hail you have never seen before! Some of them were the size of large grapes and it was intensely strong!! We couldn't open our eyes and it hurt a lot haha. It only lasted about 5 minutes, but we were in the streets the whole time, running to try to find cover somewhere. Honestly, I can't even explain how crazy it was. We lived though, so that's good. It's finally warming up though and we've had some really nice days.

So general conference was great, although we couldn't get it in english here, I still loved it. I know without a doubt, that the apostles and prophets really are called of god.  Also, a scripture that I studied this week was John 8:1-12. I won't tell you what it is, cause I want you all to read it for yourselves. Even if you recognize it, re-read all of it. And think about it. It's a story that I've been told may times, but only just realized the power and love that it has. It's not long, so nobody has the excuse to not read it. Really it helped me lots and I know that the message it brings can help everyone. 

Les Quiero cada uno de ustedes! 

con cariño,

Hermana Ashcroft




No comments:

Post a Comment